Old 19-09-2007, 06:35 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Irrigation vs rainfall

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:15:41 CST, Derek Broughton
wrote:

Huh? You asked if water rates were really high, and I made a political
statement that I feel they should be higher. afaik, having helped write
the charter, politics isn't excluded.

And I made no reply back to that, you assumed that my comment (high horse)
was directed just at you (I even made mention of myself in a later post).

Nor climb upon a high horse else they fall off.

Talk about holier than thou.

Struck a nerve did I? ;-)

I personally, would water a tree next to my house in a drought area unless
there were restrictions against it. ~ jan

And I personally wouldn't have planted a japanese maple. I _don't_ know how
suitable a japanese maple would have been in the region that triggered my
response, but it sure isn't a native plant.

And I wasn't talking about that plant. The OP had some type of large tree
up and over his house that shaded it. That was where my question was
directed before this thread when deep south. Perhaps I omitted that part of
his reply. I don't remember, nor currently have the time to look back (I'll
do that later). ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us