Old 20-09-2007, 04:09 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Spiders in my shop HELP

on 9/19/2007 10:29 PM Dave said the following:
"The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message

I am getting large spiders in my shop . I mean huge hairy ones. What kind
of spray works the best that I can mix up an put in my spayer to kill these
spiders ?
Just wondering what you guys have used with succes ?
What would like a professional use , say like Orkin or other contractors
?
Thanks,
Raz

Generally, I leave spiders alone. In my house, in my shop, in my garage, in
my garden. They don't generally setup housekeeping unless there's adequate
food supply. Otherwise, they move on. They are nature's version of insect
"roundup". Generally, you leave them alone, they pay the same favor. You
probably need something more than to kill the spiders if they've been there
for a couple of weeks. Hopefully, you'll figure it out without chemical
aids.
Dave

I haven't seen Garden spiders in a few years, but this year they seem to
have had a resurgence.
I had this big beautiful intricate web strung between a Japanese Maple
and a Rhododendron. It was about 2' across. My wife accidentally walked
through it and destroyed it.
The next day, there was another great web between the rear view mirror
and the door latch end on my truck with an anchor going down to the
driveway. I felt bad destroying it so I could move my truck. I'm
looking around for another that I can photograph.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY