Old 20-09-2007, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] aboleth@gmail.com is offline

Default A tree has fallen on my garden!

My neighbour has a lovely big black poplar. Last night a big old
branch dropped out of hte sky and squashed my garden:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1384782...n/photostream/

The inside of the branch is really rotten:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1384782...n/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1384782...n/photostream/

The pale stuff is nice strong wood, the darker brown is just squishy
goo.

He's a decent chap and immediately accepted responsibility for
clearing up. What I'm worried about is how safe the tree is. There are
plenty more big branches that could fall on me or my kids, and I'm
concerned that the rot might be in other branches.

Any tree experts in the house? What needs to be done now?

Thanks

John