Old 20-09-2007, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Billy goat bag fix

If any of you use a Billy Goat garden vac and have suffered with broken zip
fasteners on the bag as I have you will know these bags cost a fortune to
replace at £117 each. I have two, one dustbag and one wet leaf bag both with
broken zips.
Well I have found a very cheap fix. A. Feibusch Corp at www.zipperstop.com
will supply new runners for the zips. I just received (and fitted) two at
the grand cost of £3.85, yes under four quid delivered from the USA. Fitting
them was not too difficult you just have to snip the sealed end off the zip
with cutters, remove the old slider, slide on the new one. I then bound the
end back together with a cable tie.

That's over 200 quids worth of bags fixed for less than a fiver and half an
hours work.

Mike