Old 20-09-2007, 02:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
MLF MLF is offline

Default fall~is~here!

"Reel McKoi" wrote
I started with a few hardly water lilies and now I have to compost what I
can't give away. But the hardys are cheap at Wal*Mart - $4.88 for the
last ones I bought. In the spring each can be divided into several
plants. But one healthy well fed lily can cover a huge area.

Wow! That sounds great. I'm in zone 8/9 so I'm not sure if a water lily that
loves Zone 6 where you are will do well in our climate. Nonetheless, I'm
willing to give it a try. Do you know what variety yours is?

Alternatively, Is there anyone reading this who has had good luck with
inexpensive lilies in the Gulf Coast region? What kind were they?

Michael
New Orleans, Louisiana USA