Old 20-09-2007, 06:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default fall~is~here!

"MLF" wrote in message

"Reel McKoi" wrote
I started with a few hardly water lilies and now I have to compost what I
can't give away. But the hardys are cheap at Wal*Mart - $4.88 for the
last ones I bought. In the spring each can be divided into several
plants. But one healthy well fed lily can cover a huge area.

Wow! That sounds great. I'm in zone 8/9 so I'm not sure if a water lily
that loves Zone 6 where you are will do well in our climate. Nonetheless,
I'm willing to give it a try. Do you know what variety yours is?

No I don't, but they tell you on the box and there's always a pic of the
color. I bought one each of each color.... from white to pale pink to red.
One was even a changeable mini. I have no complaints with Wally World's
water lilies.

Alternatively, Is there anyone reading this who has had good luck with
inexpensive lilies in the Gulf Coast region? What kind were they?

You may have to go with tropicals. I haven't seen them locally. But they
all multiply from what I understand and offer great shade to the pond. The
flowers are beautiful. Icing on the cake.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.