Old 20-09-2007, 10:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Spiders in my shop HELP

Lar said:

willshak wrote:
on 9/19/2007 11:26 PM Bob F said the following:

"willshak" wrote in message

I haven't seen Garden spiders in a few years, but this year they seem
to have had a resurgence.
I had this big beautiful intricate web strung between a Japanese
Maple and a Rhododendron. It was about 2' across. My wife
accidentally walked through it and destroyed it.
The next day, there was another great web between the rear view
mirror and the door latch end on my truck with an anchor going down
to the driveway. I felt bad destroying it so I could move my truck.
I'm looking around for another that I can photograph.

I broke one support line on a web the other day. It was fascinating to
watch the spider replace the damaged support. It took him about 2
minutes. Over to the damage. Up the web to the deck. Across the deck
to where the broken support had been. Back across the deck, down the
web to the damaged spot. Done.

Bob

For the record, I kill nor harm any animals (especially mammals), nor
bugs, insects, or anything not a plant.

Then do yourself a favor and never look at the grill of your
automobile..it might put you over the edge...

Who's to say that a good percentage of those weren't suicides? Hmm? I mean,
c'mon, let's face it... it's /gotta/ suck to be a bug. =)

--

Eggs

Can atheists get insurance for acts of God?