Old 20-09-2007, 10:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
timothy timothy is offline

Default You can do it

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:15:38 -0400, Art wrote:

Srgnt Billko wrote:
we can help. Nothing ****es me off more than to ask for help and have
somebody come and read the brochure (that I have already read) to me. I take
that as they think I can't read - and that's a bit of an insult. Why can't
they just say "I don't know - but I will get someone who does" - or "Sorry
there is no one knowledgeable on that item available right now. But he or
she will be here after two. Can you come back then ?"

How about when - they come and look on the exact same shelves you just
searched and then declare "we must be out of them." Yet you're not
convinced because you never found an empty spot on the shelf where they
would be which is why you spent 20 ****ing minutes trying to find
someone ask where they are to begin with.

The customer service and abilities of the floor workers being as poor as it
is, don't even compare to the "self check out" stands that Home Depo and
Lowes are starting to use. I was in HD on Monday and all but one of the
check outs were closed at 4:30 in the afternoon!!! There were at least 10
people in the line with me waiting for the "real" person to check us out.
A manager type walked by and suggested that I use the self check out. I
very loudly stated no and went on to complain to him that the self check
outs were there to kill off good paying jobs for HD's profits. He replied
that wasn't true, so I asked him if I was going to get a discount for
checking myself out and bagging my own stuff.

At this point, others in the line start to question him as to why so many
employees were on site but no check outs were open. Another manager type
over hears all this and has 2 employees open check outs for us. These big
box stores are slowly, but surely killing off the labor jobs in their
companies for bigger profits.

--
HTTP://www.ywgc.com
The garden article database.