Old 03-04-2003, 05:32 PM
ande

Default Advice on Sears lawn tractor

I don't believe that John Deere is going to put their name on a lawn tractor
that is no better than the weekly special at Walmart.

"KEITH STELTER" wrote in message
True, but that line of John Deere tractors isn't much better than a
craftsman. Same goes for the new line of Cub Cadets that they sell at home
improvement places!
Both companies still sell their "good" tractors only through dealers.
ande wrote in message
I also agree on the Kohler. Briggs and Straton were good motors several
years back, but they changed the production and now are made of a

cheaper
grade of metal that will overheat alot faster and before long you got a
blown motor. I went for the John Deere line that Home Depot is carrying
this spring. You got to look close though because certain models have
Kohler engines (L110, L130) and other models have Briggs and Straton

(L100,
L120). You can be mowing with a John Deere for about the same money

that
you quoted on the Craftsman.

"Bonnevilles Rawk" wrote in message
I'm partial to Kohler engines and Gravely tractors. Though neither has
anything to do with Pontiac but Gravely was a division of Studebaker.

In article ,

says...
can't say much for the mower it's self but the motor will be an

excellent
one.........briggs and stratton is bout the best around!
"Mike" wrote in message
I am about to purchase a brand new Sears lawn tractor, Craftsman

20HP
with
42" mower deck for $1200.00 (US) It is a Briggs and Stratton

twin
cylinder
overhead valve engine. I have just less then 1 acre of land, I

know
this
is
much more then I need but sounds like a great deal.

Just wondering if anyone may have good or bad experience with

Sears
tractors
or the same engine. It is a 6 speed transmission. Sears is

having
special for $1200.00.

Any feedback on this tractor or even any other Sears Lawn tractors

would
be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,