Old 21-09-2007, 03:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Irrigation vs rainfall

~ jan wrote:

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:21:48 CST, Derek Broughton
wrote:

Well there are lots of sides to that story, any who do you believe
complexes.

I'm afraid I can't make any sense of that sentence.

Yea, neither can I. :-/ I'd put in a long day and shouldn't have been
typing.

I think I was trying to say, there are many scientific sides to this
complex story, and the lay person is left with "who do you believe"
questioning. IMHO. Wild salmon, farm salmon, in my personal opinion, darn
close to call. By any other name, is a salmon not a salmon? ;-) ~ jan

I agree, and I don't have a problem with the concept of salmon farming
itself - but there are just too darn few Atlantic Salmon left in the wild.
We're never going to let Salmon become extinct, because we _can_ farm them,
but we're letting many of the rivers die where they should be living.

(fwiw, no, your Pacific Salmon aren't _really_ Salmon! They're
Oncorhynchus, not Salmo :-) )
--
derek