Old 21-09-2007, 07:42 PM posted to aus.gardens
len garden len garden is offline

Default fruit fly

you don't say waht area you are from cookie?

but we use a couple of trap methods to trap the f/f one kills the
males the other traps the females, we run the male traps all year as a
good control over males helps with less fertile females being around.

anyhow recipes on our remedies page, for the males buy a f/f wick from
the produce agency mkae trap bottle out of 1.25 or 2 litre soft drink
bottles.

also a product a friend swears by called "vita-guard" from
www.nutri-tech.com.au, plants can do a lot to repell insects if
their systems get all the trace nutrients so this process behind this
is it brings the plants into balance, also don't use lots of man made
chemical type fertilisers these just boost the nitrogen level of the
plants and tend to make them more attractive bugs.

can't pass any commnet on the rpoduct as yet as we have only used it
for the first time.

we rely on mulching and kitchen scraps for our nutrients in the soil.

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:19:18 -0700, cookie
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev