Old 22-09-2007, 02:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Spiders in my shop HELP

The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV wrote:
"The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message
I am getting large spiders in my shop . I mean huge hairy ones. What kind
of spray works the best that I can mix up an put in my spayer to kill these
spiders ?
Just wondering what you guys have used with succes ?
What would like a professional use , say like Orkin or other contractors
?
Thanks,
Raz

Big question is, what kind of spiders are they. Mostly all spiders if
left alone will not be a problem. Some of which can easily be handled
without biting.

Have you looked into what type of spiders they are?

If they're BIG, they could be wolf spiders;
http://nalts.files.wordpress.com/200...olf_spider.jpg

Rather harmless and will avoid you.

Or are they this one;
http://www.critterridders.com/p1120525.jpg

Which gives good reason to destroy them since they will bite on contact
and cause medical issues in 25% of their bites or so.

I've got the latter in my house actually. Just moved in a month ago and
the place was infested. Haven't done much to kill them however. In fact,
just general cleaning and living in the house keeps them away since they
are indeed recluse.

At any rate, see if you can ID the type of spiders they are before
stomping on them. They may be providing a nice service to you by keeping
the insect population in your shed in check.

Oh, if you DO seek a pro, they will do a 2 or 3 step process. First will
be a toxic bomb that will kill anything living on contact. The second
will be a powder based product.

Problem is, spiders breath through their abdomen, which alot of spiders
keep off the ground. Without that contact the common sprays do not work.

Have crawl space access under the shed? Try sevin dust at the edge of
the crawl space or just under it. Just make sure kids and pets can not
get to it.