Old 03-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Christine Lipfert

Default AZ Newbie

Thanks for all of the advice. I planted the 3 tomato plants in the
garden yesterday. They were starting to look a little flimsy so I
figured it was time to move them from the plastic pots to the garden.

What is a shade cloth? I assume I can pick one up at the nursery.
Does it let partial light through?

Has anyone had any success with Green Peppers in AZ?

Thanks
Christine

"John S. DeBoo" wrote in message ...
Christine Lipfert wrote:

Has anyone here every planted tomatoes in Arizona or any other arid
climate? When did you plant Feb., March, is April too late? Would
growing indoors be a better solution? If so, my house faces East/West?
Any advice would be helpful!

I'm in Albuquerque & just put in 4 plants last weekend. It got real cold
the other night and 2 of them I think are kaput, even though I surrounded
them with some plastic for protection. The other 2 seem to have fared
quite well. Its probably a bit early for them yet w/o some manner of
better protection than I used. Home-made wrap stapled together from a
swimming pool solar cover.