Old 22-09-2007, 01:08 PM posted to rec.boats,alt.autos.toyota,rec.gardens,alt.home.repair

Default Speaking of dirty Rochester stockboys

"dbu`" wrote in message
In article ,

On 2007-09-21 16:45:50 -0700, "JoeSpareBedroom"

said:
Joe...no offense intended...but get to the gym, man.

Assuming that's you, of course.

It's me, and I agree halfway. It's about 20% shirt and bad picture
angle.
But still, I saw that picture and said PHUQUE! This isn't good. Got
back
hiking 3 miles a day on some outrageous hills, carrying 50 lbs in a
backpack
and 20 lbs in each hand for resistance. I've been in size 34 jeans
since
1970, went to 35 two years ago. I will NOT continue in that direction.
Not.

I don't know how tall you are, but you should strive for no higher than
18
percent body fat. You'll live longer, and keep diabetes away. A good
thing.

15-16% would be better. I pack 13 and, at age 54, it's tough getting
lower unless you spend some time every day lifting followed by cardio.

I can't deal with the monotony of gyms. My doctor was an army airborne
ranger. He said that by the time he was ready to jump, he was jogging
with
his body weight on his back. He's 58, and suggested the current routine.
Wants to see me up to 75 lbs by December, 100 by January (in the pack),
and
30 per in each hand. I'm gonna do it outdoors. 15-20 degree temps will be
interesting. 1/2 mile up two serious hills in under 10 minutes. Doesn't
sound like much until you see these hills.

The doctor looks like he's 18.

Would you like a little advice?

I'm always interested in new ideas. Do you know someone who has some?