Old 23-09-2007, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default preserving (canning) fruit and veg

"brian mitchell" wrote in message
"JennyC" wrote:

Might be easier to preserve in glass? My mum used to do this to great
effect

That's what I meant, not actual tins. 'Canning' is the American term for
it, even in glass, and there's many US sites selling every conceivable
preserving aid or utensil but very few here in the UK as far as I can
see.
Thanks for the links. Brian Mitchell

OH !! Yet another British/American one I did not know about !!

Preserving is glass is still popular in the UK. Think of all those WI ladies
:~)))

Jars:
http://www.freemanharding.co.uk/preserving.htm

http://www.jbconline.co.uk/acatalog/...dE MAodkQrx8A

Various preserving equipment (probably everything you need!) :
http://www.justpreserving.co.uk/

Links to more stores:
http://www.bizrate.co.uk/cooking_bak...--645390-.html

Jenny