Old 23-09-2007, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rose Cuttings - What now? (bit long)

"TheScullster" wrote in message
. uk...

"Charlie Pridham" wrote

This late in the year I normally protect any new cuttings over winter

and
do
not risk the roots freezing, a cool window sill is probably your best

bet,
yes the will be a bit straggly but if alive that can be remedied next
season!

If they are cuttings they will be exactly the same as the parent plant

so
long as the bit used was typical of it (which in your case we know it

was
as
you had the flowers)

Thanks Charlie

The only cool window sill I have is in the garage and this doesn't get too
much light.
Will this be OK or should I be looking to store it outside in some kind of
shelter?

Phil

You really need reasonable light so outside under a shelter should be better
than a dark garage window sill.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk