Old 23-09-2007, 06:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default V. Gordon Dillon x Ascda. Peggy Foo

Glad you like it, Tennie. Interesting info on parentage.

Diana

"tenman" wrote in message
Diana Kulaga wrote:
According to OrchidWiz, this has been named Ascda. Blue Eyes. However,
the parents are reversed, so I don't know if that affects things.

Diana

Absolutely stellar! That color is amazing!

In people I know there is additional inheritance from the maother via
mitochondrial DNA, at least, and I've heard there can also be more
inheritance form the pod parent in orchids as well, and I have seen pretty
obvious examples wherein the color and shape are dramatically different
depending on the switching of the parents.