Old 23-09-2007, 05:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default fall~is~here!

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 09:01:54 CST, "MLF" wrote:

She says that best thing
about Louisiana is that anything will grow here. The worst thing about
Louisiana is that ANYTHING will grow here, whether you want it to or not.

I've had that feeling about Georgia too, but because some things grow
so well they cover others and the others require so much attention to
keep them healthy that I try to find and keep the plant that takes
care of itself. Lilies are great for shade in the pond, but I
consider them a "0" for filtering since I fertilize the pots to get
good blooming performance. I tried a tropical lily one year and it
was large and beautiful and grew well during the growing season, but
too much trouble to over winter for me to want to keep them.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb