Old 23-09-2007, 05:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Irrigation vs rainfall

MLF wrote:

"k" wrote in
I checked the salmon at Albertson's today.
Atlantic Farm Salmon at $5.99 lb.
Wild Alaska Salmon at $8.99 lb.
Next step will be to do a taste test and see
if the family can tell any difference between
them and which one they prefer.

I think I can predict it. The Atlantic farm raised salmon will be the
least tasty. Atlantic salmon, even wild, are less tasty than the PNW ones.

You'll get a lot of argument on that. Most Salmon lovers I know insist that
wild Atlantic salmon tastes much better than either farmed or Pacific
salmon. I'm not taking sides - I'm not that fond of Salmon in the first
place :-) Also, note that I live on the Atlantic coast, and there's a fair
possibility that the people I know have some bias!
--
derek