Old 23-09-2007, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris[_12_] Chris[_12_] is offline

Default A tree has fallen on my garden!

On 20/09/2007 09:56, Uncle Marvo wrote:
, I, Marvo, say :

My neighbour has a lovely big black poplar. Last night a big old
branch dropped out of hte sky and squashed my garden:
Any tree experts in the house? What needs to be done now?

Contact the council. They deal with dangerous trees, and it costs nothing.
Well, it costs someone, but it won't cost *you*.

Essentially this is between the OP and his neighbour, who sounds to be
happy to 'do the right thing'. The council will only deal with dangerous
trees on private land if it's imminently dangerous and the owner refuses
to do anything. In which case any costs will be recovered through from
the owner or placed as a land charge on the land.

Get a competent consulting arborist to come and have a look - this is
not the sort of thing that can be worked out over the internet. It needs
someone on site carrying out a detailed inspection and risk assessment.

http://www.findtreesurgeons.com/ may provide a local lead

--
Find tree care help at
http://www.tree-care.info