Old 24-09-2007, 03:31 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default Fall chores

"~ jan" wrote in message
First day of fall and everyone must be outside working? I'm stuck inside
with a nasty cold. :-( I wanted to do a quick clean on my lily pond
pre-filter, but that will have to wait.... and even the pre-filter of the
koi pond is due.s Only about 3 weekends left before I start buttoning
things up for winter. gasp

How many weekends for the rest of you? (Don't forget to state area
reporting from.) ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website~ jan

Ack, still plumbing the new pond. The plan was to get the drain and skimmer
finished and contemplate the liner next weekend. But I didn't get the
skimmer pipe in the pond wall or the cement poured for the bottom drain. I
only got the pipes glued up and the gate valve installed. I did get the
valve box done for the gate valve, but I don't like it, so I need a plan B.

I normally cover the fish around November 1 at the latest, but they came in
three weeks ago when I tore out the old pond. I was hoping to have it all
done by October 15th at the latest, but I don't see that happening. The
landscaping will have to wait for spring, as there's very little light in
the evenings now.

Zone 5A.

--

I hate that flexible PVC BTW, it's very stiff (still curved from the
pallet), hard to cut and a VERY tight fit in the fittings.