Old 03-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Don

Default RBG Orchid show in Burlington Ont

sucker. I can't force him to remove the tree, but until he does, I don't
know how to get rid of the suckers it is producing on my property, short

of
paving over it and putting a greenhouse on it (but it would take me a good
ten years to save enough to be able to pay for that). At least the tree

is

Building a greenhouse is the cheap part. Heating is the big cost and
filling it with plants is a never ending expense. There is always room for
one more orchid!

This will require more patience than my orchids, since it will be a year

or
two before I can do much with that part of the property, and I still have

get rid of a "hedge" some genius tried to make using maples. What a sight
that makes! Imagine a straight line of the sickliest striplings you have
ever seen, planted an average of 15 cm apart! There are issues in the

house
itself I have to address this year; not to mention my automated

orchidarium
project for this summer. One thing at a time!

That Maple hedge may be of interest to someone into bonsai, depending on the
type of maple. The size of the trunk is the main interest, the height
doesn't matter much as they will do what is called a trunk chop. You would
have free labour and get to see a big smile on someones' face. You could
offer them at rec.arts.bonsai, there are a few in that group from the GTA.

Don