Old 24-09-2007, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Less gardens, more gardening?

, I, Marvo, say :

Hi

I'm new to this forum, but thought you might be interested that
gardening is more popular than ever, despite the fact that less and
less of us have gardens! So much so that Yell.com have refined Garden
Centres as a specific key word search in their directory.

Do you think it's part of the home improvement trend, are people
valuing their gardens more, and spending more time in them?

(Hope it's ok to post the link - thought you guys might be interested
in seeing what comes up )

http://tinyurl.com/yqza34

The trend I have noticed in Surrey, where I spend far too much of my spare
time, is that people build houses in their gardens. They then sell these as
a "pension", and retain the original house, less its garden.

It is not a trend that I like to see.

I was thinking of starting a magazine called "House In Garden". Do you think
it will catch on?