Old 25-09-2007, 12:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave Dave is offline

Default Seed dead? Start over?

"robv60" wrote in message
oups.com...
Planted some Tall Fescue this weekend. I have been watering it for the
last 3 days lightly, 3 times a day (or as needed) @ 10 minutes. My
wife come home today around noon to check on some things and she cut
the sprinklers on for me but unfortunately forgot they were on and let
the water run for ~30 minutes-flooding certain areas of the lawn.
Should I simply wait it out and see what happens or is it a safe bet
that the seed is too water-logged and is now dead? Should I rake the
straw off the entire area (~2000sq.ft) and start over with new seed?
Frustrating. Its too early to tell whether or not the flooding hurt
because no grass has sprouted yet. However, Im afraid that if I wait
too long itll be too late to plant more seed. Grrrrr!

You may have had areas of washout of seed. If the water isn't standing,
you're probably okay otherwise.

Dave