Old 24-09-2007, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cliff_the_gardener cliff_the_gardener is offline

Default preserving (canning) fruit and veg

I can partly understand your point on power usage Mary, but...
I process jars of chicken - each 500ml jar will take almost 1lb of
chicken. I put 14 of these in my pressure canner and process for
90minutes once up to pressure. To me that still works out less time
that I would have spent cooking them indivdually. I feel I come out
on the right side of saving energy.
Clifford