Old 25-09-2007, 06:42 AM posted to aus.gardens
ChrisW ChrisW is offline

Default fruit fly

"cookie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I love my own fruit&vegie products from my garden, but I had to put
more than half of my juicy nectarines into the garbage bag last year.
Can anybody give me an organic method of dealing with fruit fly please?

I found a reference here you may find interesting

http://www.tweedrichmond.organicprod...t/peststrt.htm

they talk about fruit fly towards the bottom of the page.

Also have you considered seeing if there is an Agfact on the subject. I
looked at the dept of ag's website but they don't have one online, but there
may be a paper copy. Years ago when I was an ag student I had just about
every one they printed, and there was section devoted to the home gardener.
Maybe they are up to date and have organic ones now as well. You could also
try talking to one of the boffins at the Gosford/Somersby office. Not sure
if Gosford is shut yet but that is where they were researching the fruit
fly. They were supposed to move up the hill to the experimental farm at
Somersby.

Chris