Old 25-09-2007, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default OT No mention of gardens but....

"William Wagner" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"William Wagner" wrote in message
My friend Don sent me this.

DON'T TAKE ME IF I DON'T WANT TO GO..........

After Mr.and Mrs. Fenton retired, Mrs. Fenton insisted her
husband accompany her on her trips to Walmart. Unfortunately,
Mr. Fenton was like most men--he found shopping boring and preferred
to get in and get out. Equally unfortunately, Mrs. Fenton was
like most women--she loved to browse.

One day Mrs. Fenton received the following letter from her local
Walmart.

Dear Mrs. Fenton:

If Mrs. Fenton is like your typical WM shopper, she would not be able to
read the note.

What a mean spirited SOB.

Bill

Tell me something, Bill: If you buy a box of cereal for $3.00 at WM, and a
friend points out that the same exact box of cereal costs $2.69 at the
grocery store all the time, without a sale going on, what would you say?

Let's extend this: If your local newspaper took a big shopping list to WM
and two grocery stores, and found that both grocery stores were
significantly cheaper than WM for the exact same list of items, what would
be your reaction to that?