Old 03-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Mapanari

Default Inexpensive vegetable seed source?

"Gene S" babbled and bored us in
:

Thanks.
Yeah, I went to WallyMart first, as I had seen them
there earlier. Unfortunately, the two stores I went
to only had the $1 stuff. I think I'll just go to some
feed stores & try & find some cheap bulk stuff...

Gene

--
E-mail:

"SlinkyToy" wrote in message
I've been 10-cent Burpee seed packets at Walmart, and IIRC also 25-cent
packets. Bought a bunch, as a matter of fact. Expect low seed counts,
however.

"Gene S" wrote in message
Where is a good place to buy garden vegetable seed packets
in the north Austin area? (Watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumber, etc...)
Like the $.10 & .25 packets I saw last year:-)

Thanks,
Gene

--
E-mail:

Or you could do what I do and practice practical gardening genetics....in the
past I have gone to the market and picked only the best, biggest and tastyest
green peppers, tomatoes, and such and then started the seeds myself.

Especially helps if you get Grown In Texas produce as they have been already
genetically modified to grow here.

They grow inches a day if you have everything just right and if you do it now
they'll be strong and big enough to plant next month.

hth

mapi

The more is given, the less the people will work for themselves and the
less they work, the more their poverty will increase.--Leo Tolstoy