Old 26-09-2007, 02:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] jeannot@hawk.igs.net is offline

Default My new Craftsman garden tractor needs an alignment bad!!!

on each end of the tie rod there is a ball joint. the ball
joint is threaded onto the tie rob and set with a set nut.
the tie rob is lengthen or shortened by screwing in or out
of the ball joints. before you can make the adjustment you'll
need to disconnect the ball joint from the wheel.

I just unscrewed the joint from the wheel spindle, and found no
adjustment. The axis of the bolt is vertical, so even trying to set
the nut ta a different position has no effect.

but, rather than do that I'd getmymoney back then go and make
the purchase of a machine where the manufacturer of the machine
thought enough of the machine to place their name on it.

Of course I was not serious about getting my money back. I got a 26hp
(with the Briggs Extended Life Service), 54" cut with the beefy K66
Tuff Torq and a 10-gauge deck for $1999. They can keep my money. If
the worst problem is the alignment, I'll deal with it with a wide
grin.

It appears I will have to take the rods out and straighten them. I'll
keep you posted on how it went.

Thanks for the help and entertainment so far.