Old 26-09-2007, 10:16 AM posted to alt.permaculture
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default How come only 2 threads here?

"JakeD" wrote in message
But can I digress onto semantics? When I first heard the word
'permaculture' it was a noun used by someone describing the practice
of growing crops that yield produce year after year with little human
effort required. When I looked the word up on Wikipedia, and other
places, I found that the word has more than that and more than one
distinct meaning, as far as I can tell. I are say it may mean
different thiongs to different people, so I'll come to the point and
state what I'm really interested in...

Fairly good summation, but pricipally it's about design. ie zones of high
use items are placed closest to the main living area and less used items are
placed further away. So, for eg, a salad cutting bed would be closest to
the dwelling that the trees which will only produce a crop one a year.