Old 26-09-2007, 07:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Lawnmower Suggestion as a Housewarming Gift

Clark wrote:
Jim wrote:
wrote:
I am looking at giving a gift of a lawnmower to a first time home
purchaser.

[....]
So.........I need a riding mower

that's a heck of a nice gift.

[....]
let me know what to stay away from.

sears.

Thanks.

In the end Sears did the right thing for me, after I insisted the one I had
purchased was not right (deck height to low) they shipped me a new lawn
tractor and picked up the old one.
The new lawn tractor is great.

Are you just busting my stones Jim?

Clark

I'd have said Wal*Mart before Sears, but Sears is right after that..

I've got a (used) Craftsman riding mower, it's ok and does its job. I
wouldn't stress it with a snow blower or plow on its nose though, even
if it was new.

That SCAG pointed out in another post is a nice "Pro" type of mower. The
people who mow the drain culverts by my house use one like that. It's
got a 45 deg angle to the slope and works fine.

I've always been a John Deer fan when it comes to mowers. But I like
that traditinal sit down and steer look and feel of a mower. Not much
for the levers you need to push or pull to turn.