Old 03-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Anonymo421

Default AZ Newbie

In article ,
(Christine Lipfert) writes:

Thanks for all of the advice. I planted the 3 tomato plants in the
garden yesterday. They were starting to look a little flimsy so I
figured it was time to move them from the plastic pots to the garden.

What is a shade cloth? I assume I can pick one up at the nursery.
Does it let partial light through?

Has anyone had any success with Green Peppers in AZ?

Thanks

Shade cloth should be available at any nursury; (it lets through enough sun for
the plant to grow, but cuts enough to prevent sun damage. By green peppers I
assume you mean like bell peppers? I've never had great luck (they tend to be
small), but I have gotten some tasty green peppers off plants of the yolo
wonder variety. They can also get sunburned in the summer. One thing that
grows very well here is artichokes--just give 'em full sun and plenty of water.
It is a little late to plant one though, but it might be an idea for next
season. Good luck.

--
Bugger off, Chirac.