Old 27-09-2007, 02:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave Dave is offline

Default Mulching? Craftsman

"QUAKEnSHAKE" wrote in message
Hi
I just got a used mower from my sis-in-law. It is a Craftsman model #
917.377530 with a B&S 6hp gold engine, bagger mulch. She didnt have the
manual.
Ive googled but not getting much.
Sears site not working for me.
What I would like to know is if there needs to be anything done to it to
mulch?
There is a metal flap on rear that opens to attatch bag. On some mowers
there is a 'plug' at times that needs to be placed to mulch.
Does this mower need a 'plug'?
Thank You
Ray

Don't believe the bagging system is needed for mulching on a rear exit
mower. Why would Sears sell a mower that different than the rest of the
available push mowers? Easy way to find out is to use it.
Dave