Old 27-09-2007, 03:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] jeannot@hawk.igs.net is offline

Default My new Craftsman garden tractor needs an alignment bad!!!

I would imagine now that it's fixed, it will go around those pine sticks
all on its own.

Ah, yeah, the pine sticks. Well, it's the damnest thing. I was putting
my tools away after the job was done, and I heard the sound of an
engine starting and a loud screeching sound. All that was left of the
tractor were two skid marks on the pavement. It then started getting
really overcast, but there was not a cloud in the sky minutes before.
Then I heard a horrible sound that had been going on for a few seconds
but I guess my brain blocked it until my eyes saw the large cloud of
reddish dust. I ran towards the field but could not see a foot ahead
of me. Then the sound stopped. I swear it lasted less than a minute.
After the dust had dissipated, there lied in front of me a pine stick-
less landscape. No tractor in sight. Came back to the garage. There it
was in exactly the same spot, engine stopped, with the tick-tick-tick
sound typical of a hot engine cooling down. I may have been its way to
thank me, but a trust was broken that will take a lot of time to heal.