Old 27-09-2007, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
clarissa clarissa is offline

Default Moles - to trap or not to trap

Hi everyone I live on the edge of woodland and so have many pests, such as
slugs and snails, crawling up from the bush - but the worst by far are the
moles that topple plants, disturb carefully laid small cobble patios, kill
perennials and shrubs. I can forgive the piles of dirt on the lawn because
grass soon fills in but killing much- loved plants is very discouraging. I
have tried everything I can think of - human hair, mothballs and gum in the
runs, flooding or gassing the runs, small windmills to create vibration, and
so forth. Nothing seems to work. I really don't want to trap them since I
think they probably die a terrible death. So can anyone suggest something
else that works. Many thanks for any help. Jean Vancouver BC Canada