Old 27-09-2007, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Moles - to trap or not to trap

In article , Stan The Man says...
The lawn recovered quickly but I waited in some trepidation for the
varmits to return, tunnelling through the lovely fresh soil I had left
in their tunnels. Two years on and I am surprised and relieved to say
that they still haven't returned. I still have the odd fresh molehill
elsewhere in the garden (and I catch the odd mole with traps) but the
lawn seems to be ignored. Perhaps there's a mole law which says Thou
Shall Not Burrow Where Thou Hast Burrowed Before.

Think yourself lucky (so far). I rotovated, levelled and set a lawn last
Autumn and a year on parts of it are more mole hill than lawn. I have to
spend several minutes kicking the hills flat before mowing it. This year
has been a boom year for moles.
--
David in Normandy.
(The free MicroPlanet Gravity newsreader is great for eliminating