Old 27-09-2007, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default fuschia help.

Sheila writes
Hi, I have had quite a few pots on the patio this summer,anything in the
ground can look after itself, but I am a bit worried about what to bring in
for the winter, and roughly when. I have 2 nice fuschias, sorry, dont know
the variety, shall I bring them indoors, also I want to keep a few
geraniums, I presume I bring them in at the same time.

Some fuchsias are hardy some not. If they've got large flowers, they're
most likely not to be hardy. I think it's too late to take cuttings,
otherwise I'd suggest taking cuttings of any you leave outside just in
case.

Geraniums will need to come in

I am also a first time conservatory owner, so do I overwinter them in
there, or in the main house. The main house temperature is kept at21d. in
the evening, and roughly 15 in the daytime. the conservatory is obviously
hotter in the daytime.

The conservatory will be better because of the higher light levels,
provided it remains frost free overnight. Geraniums may well keep
flowering for you - I have one which has been in virtually continuous
flower for four years, kept over winter in a porch.

--
Kay