Old 27-09-2007, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters[_2_] CWatters[_2_] is offline

Default Moles - to trap or not to trap

"CWatters" wrote in message
I read this and purchased 5 barrel traps and 5 sissor traps off ebay
(poisons appear to be banned in the UK?). I set all 10 and within about a
week the barrel traps had caught about 7 moles.

Just to clarify... I didn't not set them and leave them for a week. You must
check them every day, dispose of any caught and reset the traps. After a
week I'd got around 7 or 8 and no more were caught the following week. Most
people use short bamboo canes to mark where the traps are because if it
rains it can be hard to find them again.