Old 03-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Stephen G

Default Which flowers/plants to brighten up colour to a v.dark yard corner ?

If you are using pots and have enough why not grow hem in a sunny spot and
then rotate the pots into the shade for a while and then back in to the
sunshine. This way you can grow anything as long as it is not too large to
move.

Stephen
http://uk.geocities.com/gardeningforpleasureuk/

"Pip" wrote in message
I need abit of advice and I have posted here a couple of times and I have
had helpful replies

The problem being ......I have one corner of a 'yard' on our property that
gets no sun whatsoever, but yet is quite visible form the house so I'd

like
to brighten it up. It is painted white so a splash of colour would look
lovely on it.

Can anybody reccommend any perennials or annuals I could use either in

pots
or as climbers that would do ok without anysunlight shining on them ?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Regards
Pippa

P.S. This is a brilliant NG, I pop in to read the posts and learn alot.

don't post often but do quite abit of lurking.

(To Paul Taylor - I planted my garlic just below the surface (as per my
Reader Digest Book) so the tips were just visible, it's the first time

I've
tried growing garlic so fingers crossed - hope yours 2" under do okay)