Old 27-09-2007, 11:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Ready for winter

"Clark" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
Getting ready for the cold days of winter. Split about a cord of
firewood today. Some mountain ash and some shag bark hickory. The
pile didn't go down much and I'm tired already.

I've got to split some wood too, I cut down a few black walnut tree's
this spring.
My father who is a licensed contractor (home additions and such) had a
fit, he mumbled something about it being the most expensive firewood I
would ever burn?

Clark

I know what he means but I've never seen one straight enough and large
enough to get much out of in the way of boards. I'm going to cut one down
too - maybe 25' high now. I tried for a couple years to find someone who
would come, take it, and transplant it - but found no takers.