Old 27-09-2007, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Unknown tree and shrubs

On 27/9/07 19:00, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

Glad to hear you both enjoyed your holiday. I must try Turkey
sometime, though the next trip will be back to Cyprus. The first of
your pics is Pittosporum tobira. That growth is typical of plants
growing in hot climates. The second and third are of Grevillea
robusta in the more mature stages and the final one is Ficus
binnendijkii - sometimes also called 'Alii'.

You are a wonder! We thought first of P. tobira but we've only seen P.
tobira as hedging in hot climates such as the Balearics. This was very low
to the ground - ground cover, in fact. Grevillea robusta we've never seen
before and having Googled it, I do wish we'd seen it in flower. We knew the
Ficus rang a bell but it wasn't playing our tune but you've got it. The
gardener at the hotel had no idea what it was but said it didn't fruit.
Does that sound right? All these plants would be no more than about 3 to 4
years old so will it fruit when it's mature? Thanks so much, David.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk