Old 28-09-2007, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters[_2_] CWatters[_2_] is offline

Default Moles - to trap or not to trap

"clarissa" wrote in message
Hi everyone I live on the edge of woodland and so have many pests, such

as
slugs and snails, crawling up from the bush - but the worst by far are the
moles that topple plants, disturb carefully laid small cobble patios, kill
perennials and shrubs. I can forgive the piles of dirt on the lawn

because
grass soon fills in but killing much- loved plants is very discouraging.

Are you sure it's the moles doing the damage? They don't eat plants just
insects and worms. I guess the tunnel might cause problems. They won't
effect a well laid patio. If they do it wasn't laid properly in my opinion.
As for the lawn. Thats the main problem area grrrr.