Old 28-09-2007, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Pruning Perennial Plants Question

On 28/9/07 10:25, in article , "Martin"
wrote:

Hello,

I grew some perennial plants this year , one of which is "Coryopsis
Lanceolata Sterntaler" which is still in flower.

When and how should I prune this plant. Should I cut just the stems down, or
cut the whole plant down to ground level ?

Dead head it to prolong flowering, though this is a long flowering one
anyway. After it's finished flowering, remove dead stems to tidy it if
you want to, after it has died back naturally.

Sorry about my ignorance.

Don't be. *Everyone* is ignorant about something. ;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk