Old 29-09-2007, 01:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default State officials scared by drought

raeannsimpson wrote:
After months of being in drought conditions, things really don't seem
to be getting any better. Can't even walk out in the yard 3 feet at
the time without stirring up a dust cloud. Not good for folks with
respiratory problems. Funny thing is my flowers, tomatoes, & pepper
plants are acting like it's spring again! All have new growth &

snip...
story link: http://www.wral.com/weather/story/1868029/

Still in the dry, dusty heat,
Rae

Yeah. We have it as bad or worse on this side of the mountains. Farmers
chalked this year up as a loss back in the early Spring. I watch the
animated Doppler radar weather maps online and it seems as if every
front carrying precipitation either peters our before getting to my area
or splits in two and goes around (and that is just not paranoia -- it
has happened quite a few times). I keep telling myself that at least it
means that mowing my little bit of lawn is becoming a once-a-year chore.

Just remember that some parts of the Atacama desert have not seen rain
for 400 years and the average rainfall is something less that 0.01
inches IIRC.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]