Old 29-09-2007, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Rose Cuttings (Again)

Hi all

I recently stuck a couple of rose cuttings in some seed/cutting compost in a
plant pot and they appeared to take.
All the old leaves have fallen off and on one cutting 3 new leaf-sets have
formed with about 5 small leafets on each.
A couple of days ago, the leaf tresses wilted.
Any ideas on a cause for this?

The rose cuttings are of serious sentimental value and I am eager to get one
or two healthy plants before the parent expires.

Any suggestions on remedial action please?
The compost has been kept moist but not wet.
Will adding some "miracle grow" help the cuttings take, or will this
accelerate foliar growth to the detriment of the general plant strength?

TIA

Phil