Old 29-09-2007, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default felling chilly

Kate Morgan writes

certainly the tights were popular on the ships when I was up in the
northen north sea working, but I could never quite feel right in
them! ordinary long johns work fine, but in all cases if you are
doing something active you suddenly find yourself feeling very hot.

I'll vouch for that!

I prefer layers over rather than under so they can be easily removed,

Me too.

Mary

yes I agree with the layers, I have just been having a rummage thro
last years winter clothing etc. and I think I feel a shopping spree
coming on. We should have a Damart somewhere handy or at least on line
but I think silk sounds nicer :-)))

Silk works well, and despite all the labels advising special washing,
I've found it seems pretty resistant to shrinking. I use extra silk
layers for caving in winter.

--
Kay