Old 29-09-2007, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Who has a taste for rubber?

In article ,
Steve Wolstenholme writes:
| On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:57:59 +0200, David in Normandy
| wrote:
| In article , Steve
| Wolstenholme says...
| I have had most the pump cable "eaten" when the power was on! The live
| part of the cable was not eaten. I've no idea what did it but it must
| have some electrical awareness or maybe it didn't like the colour.
|
| Perhaps the live cable was too "savoury"?
|
| Since I posted my message my wife has told me about a pet hamster she
| had. The hamster did exactly the same thing with a power cable. It
| chewed through the lot except for the live part of the cable. Perhaps
| some animals can sense the danger.

It's not hard. So can you.

The normal cause is rats and mice, but I can believe foxes, hamsters,
gerbils, and even raccoons. Some idiot is farming the latter in the
UK, and there is a significant chance that our unfavourite trolls will
release them, whereupon they may well establish themselves :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.