Old 29-09-2007, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default rockery

In article ,
says...

We have a garden shed which is built on to a five foot rockery..Every
time we have heavy rain, it seeps through on to the shed floor..Is
there anything we could seal the rockery with to stop this?

I think I may have missunderstood, if the shed is on the rockery why
should rain come into the shed? (except of course the roof leaking!)or do
you mean the rockery is piled up against one side of the shed? in which
case the solution is to build a retaining wall to hold back the rockery
then place the shed against it leaving an air gap. (would have thought
your shed would rot pretty quickly if its like that though)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk