Old 29-09-2007, 10:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Dietes grandiflora.

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote...
"Marutchi" BarbaraH wrote ...
Bob Hobden wrote:
"Marutchi" BarbaraH wrote ...

Dietes grandiflora.

So I bet those were growing outside in the soil whereas mine has to
live in a greenhouse as a pampered plant.

Yep and they grow like weeds. :-)

You can go right off some folk, can't you Bob?

:-)

True, but then if it was easy here would I be interested in growing it?

Probably not. Dandelions are very beautiful ...

Like Day Lilly's the flowers are very short lived and if I don't venture
into the greenhouse for a couple of days I can miss them. You also have to
let the flower spikes stay on the plant as it reflowers on the old stems
so can look a bit messy out of flower.

That's dedication! Our greenhouse is used for growing seeds and vegetables
and winter hens :-)

On another note, have you seen the latest RHS Garden Mag (thumped onto my
mat today)?

No, I'm not a member. Belong to the other lot: Garden Organic.

Interesting article on Bromeliads that we can grow here in the UK that are
hardy outside, down to -10°C+ some of them. I'm off to the garden centre
as soon as I get a moment. :-)

Now that IS interesting. I once flirted with them, donkey's years ago, but
they don't taste good ...

Mary