Old 29-09-2007, 04:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Well pressure tank Q

Thanks Ook,

That's exactly what I needed. Though I should have figured that's what
it should be set at. Makes perfectly good sense to me.

Ook wrote:
With the tank empty, you want to set the pressure to be a tad less then your
pump cut in pressure. In my case, I have it set to 24psi, and my pressure
regulator cuts in at 25. You don't want the bladder pressure to be higher
then the pump cut in pressure, because if it is, then when the bladder hits
the bottom, you will have a sudden loss of pressure before the pump kicks
in. The resulting surge can jar your pipes, though in most cases it doesn't
hurt much.